ASCS is pleased to offer a full rehab center on site, offering a full menu of veterinary rehabilitation and therapy services for surgical patients, as well as pets with chronic health issues or those in need of conditioning or weight loss. If you live outside the greater Seattle area and cannot return to our hospital for rehab, please ask us for a recommendation on rehabilitation services in your area.
A number of pet insurance companies now include rehabilitation in their core plan. Hydrotherapy, acupuncture and laser therapy are just a few of the treatment options that may be covered. Click below to see if your plan is on the list. Please inquire directly to your insurance company to determine benefit levels.
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- North American Veterinary Technicians Association
Veterinary Information for Pet Owners
- Small Animal Topics from ACVS
- Association of Canine Water Therapy
- Stress Signs in Dogs – illustrations and descriptions of potentially bite-inducing stress in dogs. Overall website is more broadly focused on dog behavior.
- Dog Bites and Children – good website for teaching how to recognize signs of stress in dogs, and teaching children how to safely interact with dogs.
Pet Bereavement Resources
- Pet Loss Hotline at WSU College of Veterinary Medicine
- Pet Loss Support Page
- Pet Garden at Marymoor
- Memorial Stones