The Animal Surgical Clinic of Seattle Rehabilitation Department is expanding and looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team! Sound Veterinary Rehabilitation Center, a division of Animal Surgical Clinic, will soon be opening the doors to a 1700 square foot dedicated Rehabilitation Center. Sound Veterinary Rehabilitation Center aims to be the Center of Excellence in providing comprehensive rehabilitation services for pets in the Northwest. We are seeking individuals who share our passion for excellent care and customer service and are excited to grow with us.
We are seeking a self-motivated, dynamic Licensed Veterinary Technician. We prefer a candidate with CCRP or CCRA certification, but we will also consider technicians currently involved in CCRP/CCRA coursework, and technicians with strong rehabilitation interest and extensive experience in caring for orthopedic and/or neurologic patients. All candidates must hold a current LVT license in Washington, or be licensed in another state and eligible in Washington. The successful candidate must have at least 2 years of experience running anesthesia and monitoring patients that are sedated or anesthetized. Must also be proficient in blood draws, IV catheter placement, intubation, radiographic positioning and technique.
The technician will work under the guidance of our certified rehabilitation veterinarians to implement rehabilitation plans utilizing modalities such as underwater treadmill, land treadmill, land-based exercises, NMES, therapeutic laser, therapeutic ultrasound, and cryotherapy. We also perform regenerative medicine including stem cell therapy, platelet-rich plasma, and shockwave therapy. These procedures require heavy sedation and/or anesthesia.
Our ideal candidate for this position will have the following traits:
• Dynamic personality with a positive attitude
• Self-motivated and interested in continually improving skills and knowledge
• Able to work both independently (self-starter) and as a team player
• Follows direction but also able to think outside of the box and propose new ideas
• Flexible and excited about change and growth in pursuit of excellence
• Detail-oriented, focused and diligent
• Superior, compassionate nursing and client service skills
• Comfortable spending time with clients during treatments and communicating home exercise instructions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable with minimal restraint techniques for exams and body work
• Knowledge of positive or reward based training techniques
We offer a highly competitive wage and benefit package. Hours and work days are to be determined, but will eventually involve some Saturdays and some evening hours.
The candidate that we select will join a team of professionals consisting of our two CCRT certified veterinarians, CCRP certified veterinary technician, CCRT certified physical therapist, rehabilitation veterinary assistant, and rehabilitation Patient Care Coordinator. We are proud to work together to provide the highest quality of care to our patients and extraordinary service to our clients. We consider our employees our most valuable asset and strive to provide a fun, challenging and positive work environment!
Please submit a resume WITH COVER LETTER by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents must be formatted as .doc or .pdf only. No response will be given to emails without a cover letter.
Return to Employment Opportunities