Looking Back at an Amazing 2016
As we wrap up the year, we wanted to spend some time reflecting on a few memorable moments of 2016. It’s not surprising that many of the year’s best moments were because of YOU. We are honored to have an amazing community of clients, veterinarians, and general animal lovers who support and applaud the work we do.
Here are 10 memorable moments from this ASCS year:
- We were continually reminded throughout the year just how far we’ve come. The year 2016 marked our 30th anniversary since opening our doors in 1986! We are one of the only locally and independently owned surgical specialty practices from the Canadian border down to Olympia. Being independently owned has allowed us to continue serving the greater Seattle region with same mission and values we had 30 years ago. Thank you for your continued support of ASCS!
- Leslie Eidie joined our team in January 2016 to lead our Rehabilitation Department.
- Our Rehabilitation Department expanded significantly this year—and we couldn’t be more thrilled. Our team has grown, and we are now the largest comprehensive rehabilitation department in the state of Washington. In addition to Dr. Eidie, we also welcomed a few new team members: Sunny Rubin, PT, CCRT; Vanessa Ormiston, LVT, CCRP; Liz Brown, LVT, CCRA; and Mike Zystra, VTA, rehab assistant.
- We were proud to be a sponsor of Pawsitive Futures, the largest fundraising event by Pawsitive Alliance. Proceeds from the event go to help homeless pets find a furrever home. It was a wonderful day!
- We met some amazing mutt moms at the Eastside Off-Leash Dog Park for our Yappie Hour event with Animal Medical Center of Seattle. The Seattle Barkery was there to supply treats for both moms and mutts.
- Installing our new CT scanner in September was a huge moment for us. A CT scan gives our surgeons a detailed look at a pet’s soft tissue and bone, thereby allowing us to formulate the best treatment plan.
- We started our Instagram account in July! If you love looking at our adorable patients, head on over and follow us on Instagram. #cutestpatientsever
- Our “We Love the Zoo” veterinary appreciation and CE event is definitely one of the highlights of the year. The event was held at the Woodland Park Zoo on September 18 and was filled with fun, food, and education. We love meeting local veterinarians and technical staff and the chance to put faces to names is always a treat.
- Our summer party at Dr. Alex Aguila’s house is also noteworthy. We spent quality bonding time as a team and celebrated veterinary technician Vanessa Ormiston becoming a certified canine rehabilitation practitioner (CCRP).
- Our practice manager Noelle Norrie became a Veterinary Management Institute graduate. Congratulations, Noelle, we are so proud of you.
Have a happy and healthy holiday!
Thank you to our clients, patients, and partners for continuing to motivate us to serve animals with no less than utmost excellence and dedication. We wish you all the best for the rest of 2016 and the year to come.
Posted December 27, 2016 by ASCS in Noteworthy with No Comments
Return to Blog