Animal Surgical & Orthopedic Center is seeking an experienced, full-time Veterinary Assistant.
Established in 1986, Animal Surgical is a highly respected privately owned and operated surgical referral practice. Our surgical caseload focuses on orthopedics, including arthroscopy, joint replacement, and trauma surgery. We collaborate closely with our rehabilitation department, SOUND Veterinary Rehabilitation, to provide the most comprehensive surgical, diagnostic, and post-operative care for our patients and clients.
Under the direction of our experienced Licensed Veterinary Technicians, we utilize our assistants to help maintain the comfort of our overnight patients.
The successful candidate will join a team of professionals who are proud to work together to provide the highest quality of care to our patients and extraordinary service to our clients. We value our employees as our most valuable asset and strive to provide a fun, challenging, and positive work environment.
Veterinary Assistants are responsible for:
- Animal handling & patient care; handle for consultations, catheters, blood draws etc.
- Assist technicians with radiographs and treatments
- Walk and feed patients
- Prep patients for surgery
- Communication with clients
- Light janitorial duties
- Maintain hospital cleanliness and sterility
- Surgical assistance
- Equipment sterilization
- Basic medical record management
- Fill medications upon request
Our ideal candidate for the position will have the following traits:
- Always demonstrates compassion toward our patients
- Able to follow directions with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Able to work both independently and as a team player
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Detail-oriented and focused
- Must be able to lift 30lbs and stand for long periods of time
Full -time employee benefits include:
*Profit-sharing and 401K plan
*Generous paid vacation and paid holidays
*Generous Continuing Education benefits
*Medical Scrub Allowance
*No on-call or weekend shifts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
ASOC is a smoke-free facility.
Please submit your resume WITH COVER LETTER. No response will be given to resumes submitted without a cover letter.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 206-634-9078, Attn: Noelle
Return to Employment Opportunities